Tier I/II SOC Analyst
Good news – Suite3 is looking to add to our team! Headquartered out of Easthampton, MA with a satellite office in Marlborough, MA, our ideal candidate will be responsible for handling first and second-level support of in monitoring internal and client networks for malicious activity.
Job Description & Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
The job requires great attention to detail and a general awareness for all things cyber. The ideal candidate will be responding to alerts generated by a variety of security platforms, reviewing suspicious emails, interpreting network logs, and other resources that provide insight into network activity, as well as be expected to be able to read, understand, and notify on cyber trends. This position is primarily to be conducted from our Easthampton office, but a hybrid model incorporating remote work for up to three days a week may be made available after a successful introductory on-boarding period.
A proven, demonstrated troubleshooting ability in another MSP or SOC or within a mid-market (100-1000 employee) or enterprise (1000+ employee) business is a prerequisite. In addition, our ideal applicant will excel at some of our key technologies while being excited to learn the rest, including:
- Security alert monitoring, review, and remediation
- Mac/Windows desktop OS & iOS/Android mobile OS
- Servers, storage, and networking, including firewalls and access points
- Microsoft Windows Server administration
- Active Directory administration including Group Policy / user & group permissions
- Microsoft Azure/365 administration and usage
- MSP-centric multi-tenant platforms
- Image-based backup solutions
- Monitor, detect and investigate the operational status of monitoring components
- Analyze IT security events to discern events that qualify as legitimate security incidents as opposed to false positives
- Communicate critical anomalies to clients , provide remediation recommendations and answer questions that arise
Do you have what it takes?
Have you been working in InfoSec for a while now, but realize there’s no career path for you at your current employer?
Do you have a passion for security, but just don’t get enough exposure to get satisfaction that you’re keeping your skills up to date?
If you are looking to work in an environment of competent peers, there’s no better opportunity to be found. There’s a reason our staff averages over 11 years of employment with us. We are not just a place to send a resume – we are a home in which you can make a career.
Make your talents and passion for Information Security known today! Please respond through the form below or by mail and include a cover letter and complete resume (including any non-IT related experience) to:
Attn: Human Resources
180 Pleasant Street – Suite 3
Easthampton, MA 01027
Former applicants are encouraged to re-apply.